Wednesday, February 1, 2012

16 Weeks...*cough, sneeze, wheeze*

4 months! Holy cow how did that happen? 5 months left? I'm almost halfway through. It's insane. I'm excited for the baby to start kicking. So far every so often I'll feel a gurgling in my stomach. Like popcorn popping or gas with wings. I think that's the baby- otherwise my digestive track is really wonky from this pregnancy. I learned something new this week. I have no immune system. I always thought that pregnant women were super healthy because of the prenatals and all the good care they take care of themselves. Then I was schooled.
About 2 weeks ago I felt like I was at death's door. Just knocking away and all my dr would tell me was "take Robitussin, Afrin, and don't let your temp. get above 100 or 101". After a week at home in bed I finally started feeling like a human being again. Phil, who had also been feeling crappy bounced back a little faster and together we moved on past our illness and got ready to celebrate of 2 year wedding anniversary. I had initially planned on going to the happiest place on earth, but with my patience level with people lately having waned I was hesitant. Then my mom took care of my dilemma by getting us tickets to see Phantom at the Venetian. My third time, Phil's first, and we were in the center under the chandelier. It was awesome. But I digress.
Phil had gone out that beautiful Saturday with our friend Chris to go shoot some golf, and then shoot some guns. I was with my mom doing some shopping, and a little vomiting in the parking lot of Lowe's. That night when he got home his nose was running like a faucet and he was sneezing like crazy. I got impatient because I figured it was his stupid allergies from being outside and then being around that gunpowder. Later that night, as I sat next to him watching his face swell up and his sneezing and running nose turning into coughs and cold sweats I began coughing. "It's just the fog machine, I'm not sick again" I chanted over and over again. That night we went home, both feeling pretty crappy but happy to be in bed. The next morning I woke up with a scratchy throat, stuffed nose and a headache. "Just sinuses", I kept chanting, "It'll clear up". I went to my mom's took a pill, and went off on our day. As we were walking through Target it hit. Just like a punch in the stomach. My legs started shaking, I got dizzy, I wanted my bed. After much deliberation I went home. By the time I got home I was crying, my body hurt so bad. That night I had a fever reaching 101.7. It became unavoidable. I was sick.
The next day I went to my m.d. who informed both Phil and I that we had Sinusitis and Bronchitis, and have been apparently passing it back and forth. We were prescribed a plethora of drugs (Phil got stronger ones that I did naturally), were advised to stay home a few days and get some movies. Phil and I both wanted to go to work as we need to save for our maternity and paternity leave.
The next morning he loaded up on Sudafed and Dayquil and we both went to work. I came home 15 minutes later. And here I am 3 days later, with a sore throat, a constant cough that makes me vomit most of the time, headache, and some major cabin fever, while my husband who got stronger antibiotics, is feeling amazing. I am frustrated I can't work, and getting stressed because I can't save any money or start shopping for fun baby things. I did however get the fetal doppler in the mail so I'm able to hear the little heartbeat every night. Makes me feel so much better since I've also been worried about being sick, getting dehydrated and taking all these meds being harmful to our little one. But the heartbeat is strong. Last night 142, and tonight 151. Hopefully by Week 17 I'll finally be feeling 1000 times better.
Till then
TTFN!!


No comments:

Post a Comment